WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY REVIEW REQUESTS AT THE MOMENT.

NetGalley badges

50 Book Reviews Reviews Published Professional Reader 80% 100 Book Reviews

Sunday 12 April 2020

REVIEW: The Lightbringer Series by Brent Weeks

This is a blog post that links to all of my reviews of the Lightbringer series by Brent Weeks. I will update it when I finish the last book.



I LOVED this. My rating is 4 stars and these 0.5 are for enjoyment bc i really enjoyed reading and listening to this book. Its chapters are short which contributed to my enjoyment bc I'm a sucker for short chapters.  READ MORE
In the beginning i wasn't sure if i was going to enjoy this book mainly bc i knew it was a school setting and a training arc and i usually dislike both.

But.

This was done very well, i loved it and ah, the drama! I loved it. I believe that Kip's character development started in the first book but it kept going in the second and he just kept developing. On top of that, he feels so real bc of his failures and mistakes which i love, i feel for him so badly.
 Man. MAN.         READ MORE

Now THAT was an amazing reveal at the end. I didn't see it coming and I totally loved it 😂😂

I started reading this book 2 weeks ago and stopped bc I got into watching BL dramas and that's what i did all day every day for two weeks 😂😂 So I was enjoying The Broken Eye from the beginning even tho I could see it was slow. However, after a 2-week break it was very hard for me to get back into reading, so I don't know if it was hard for me to get back into the book because i still wanted to watch BL dramas or because the book was slow or bc of both 😂😂    READ MORE

I enjoyed this book a LOT.
This is going to be a shorter review because i don't have a lot to say and i don't have a lot of time to say it.

The book kicked it off with a big revelation that I LOVED 😂 And big reveals kept happening so I really enjoyed them.

I enjoyed Kip's storyline the most. I loved it so much, i love the way everything was handled, his personal struggles, him not accepting how much he has improved and how valuable he is.  READ MORE


I can't believe I'm finally done wit this series. I'll miss the world and the characters, and I'd love to reread it in a few years.

I loved the ending, however, I do realize that it's not gonna be to everybody's tastes. Something that I didn't like was that there weren't many consequences to a lot of the characters' actions, especially Ironfist and Gavin. I wish they'd lost more. READ MORE




















No comments:

Post a Comment

BOOK REVIEW: Shards of Earth by Adrian Tchaikovsky

  Purchase Links: Amazon UK  |  Amazon US  |  Bookshop.org  |  The Broken Binding  |  Waterstones Hi Guys, I'm following up my Spotlight...