WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY REVIEW REQUESTS AT THE MOMENT.

NetGalley badges

50 Book Reviews Reviews Published Professional Reader 80% 100 Book Reviews

Monday 13 April 2020

Snow -BTS fanfic-

By Melissa Oates

Okay so before you read this, just a couple of things, I made this fanfic for one of my friends and like the majority of all my pieces its currently on hold. Second thing this story is also on my Wattpad (link here) and finally I hope you enjoy (also apologies for any typos).

Chapter 1

It was mid afternoon, Crystal was sat in her favorite spot in the corner of a quiet coffee shop, with a latte in front of her and her sketchbook in her lap. She sighed, focusing on the page that was open, leaning her head onto the cool window to soothe a growing headache.


“Hey you’re not even listening to me” her best friend frowned, Crystal tried her best not to roll her eyes. 
“Sorry Hana, what with finals coming up, I’ve been stressing so much lately” Crystal sighed, she pinched the bridge of her nose trying to stop the headache from continuing. Hana grabbed the sketchbook from Crystal’s lap skimming over the designs she had drawn. 
“Seriously Crystal. You really don’t need to stress out you have talent! What is there to worry about? With designs like these I’m sure a company is going to notice you.” Hana winked at Crystal making her giggle. 
She returned Crystals sketchbook to her and continued to speak about how hard she is finding it being a trainee, Hana’s phone started to buzz cutting her off mid sentence. Giving Crystal an apologetic smile before getting up to answer it. Crystal placed her head on the cold window on more. 
Crystal was caught up in her own thoughts, that she didn’t realise that Hana had returned until she cleared her throat making herself known.
“That was my roomate, I have to go back, dance practise…. Ugh, I’ll text you later” Crystal nodded in response while Hana walked away with the bells chiming signalling that she had left. 
The bell chimed for a second time as another customer walked in, Crystal went back to finish one of her designs, frowning at the final product. She finished her now cold latte she placed her bag over her shoulder and picked up her sketchbook. 
Crystal then turned to leave, only to instantly bump into someone, she froze in place only to realise that she was now drenched in coffee.
“I...I’m sorry.” Crystal glared at the stuttering apologetic man in front of her, the mask on his face making his voice slightly muffled. His friend behind him had looked away from the situation, shoulders shaking from silently laughing at the scene in front of him. 
“It’s fine” Crystal grumbled clasping her sketchbook close to her chest trying to keep her dignity, with mumbled goodbye to the owner of the shop, she headed out without looking at the two men. 

‘Where is it? Where is it? I know that I had it yesterday’ Crystal thought while she rummaged the pillows on the sofa, not hearing the front door open. 
“Crystal what are you doing?” Crystal blew a stray hair out of her face looking at her roomate. 
“I’m looking for my phone I swear I had it yesterday, but when I looked in my bag it wasn’t there.” She spoke now shuffling towards the bookcase in the corner. 
“We could try calling it?” Her roommate suggested, Crystal mentally kicked herself for not even thinking about the idea, she stood up and patted herself down from the imaginary dust and walked over as her roommate took out her phone. 
The phone rang twice but couldn’t be heard in the apartment. 
“Hello” It was seconds later when someone had answered the phone. 
“Um, hi I’m Yumi, you seem to have my friends phone.”
Crystal watched Yumi as she went to get a piece of paper and scribble it down, she hung up the phone turning to face Crystal with a mischievous look in her eyes.
“So, you left your phone at that coffee shop you’re always at, the guy on the phone said he can meet you back their tomorrow to give it back,” Yumi smirked placing her phone back in her pocket, Crystal looked at her astonished. 
“What! Yumi! For all we know this guy could be a serial killer!” Crystal ranted at her, Yumi sighed and rolled her eyes in response. 
“Stop being so melodramatic, his name is Namjoon and he sounded sweet” Crystal blinked dumbfoundedly at her, Yumi handed her the piece of paper she had scribbled on, which had the time that she was supposed to meet this ‘Namjoon’.
“Sometimes I do worry about you” Crystal mumbled, Yumi stuck her tongue out at her before heading to her bedroom. 
Starting at the paper held in her hands ‘Maybe he isn’t some serial killer?’ she thought, Crystal then looked at the mess that she had created contemplating whether to clean it up or leave it to spite Yumi.

“I’ll leave it” she whispered following Yumi’s lead and heading to her room, nerves already starting to well up for tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BOOK REVIEW: Shards of Earth by Adrian Tchaikovsky

  Purchase Links: Amazon UK  |  Amazon US  |  Bookshop.org  |  The Broken Binding  |  Waterstones Hi Guys, I'm following up my Spotlight...